SEWCIAL Sewing Machines & Hand Stitching : Starting January! Monday Crafternoons
A 18 week program designed to nurture the interests and skills of sewing enthusiasts. The Crafternoon Sewcial Circle is for kids who would like to learn how to sew, or who want to improve their existing skills. It's all about making friends with your sewing machine and with each other. Students will learn basic sewing and machine set up skills. These skills will become the foundation for students to take on their own projects during the semester. We only have 6 available spots in this class.
Suitable for all kids, 4th grade and up. If you're not sure whether your child fits this criteria, please email us before signing up at Craftworkrocks@gmail.com.
Students will learn to:
- Thread a sewing machine/wind a bobbin.
- Learning to sew straight lines and 'pivot' around corners.
- Understand the features and stitches on the sewing machine.
- Understand the importance of 'seam allowance'
- How to finish seams
- Looking at old clothes from a new perspective: customizing or up-cycling existing
- Plus so much more!
- DAY: Mondays from 3:15 - 5:15
- DATES: January - end of May
- TEACHER: Tegan Sutherland
- WHAT WE SUPPLY: Sewing Machines, scissors and all basic sewing accessories
- SUPPLIES: TBA and will be project dependent.