Natural Dye Workshop: Wednesday Evenings 6/27 - 7/25
Join us for an amazing experience with natural dye! You will learn the differences in types of fibers, how to properly scour/wash the materials, mordant with metallic salts & tannins and make dyes from lots of materials including weld, lac, brazilwood, madder, saxon blue, black walnuts and more. Students will learn how to prepare fiber for dyeing, mordant and dye the full rainbow spectrum. Both beginners and experienced dyers will stand to learn a lot from this intensive.
Every student will leave with a complete swatch book, information and experience for there own dye practice.
This class is hands-on and is for students who have the ability to take the time to learn, over the course of 4 weeks, the natural dye process from beginning to end.
- Skill level: All levels welcome
- Day & Time: Wednesday Evenings from 6:45 - 9:45 pm
- Dates: 6/27, 7/11, 7/18 & 7/25 (no class July 4th)
- Kit Fee: All materials included in price
- Silk, cotton, wool & yarn
- Fiber rings